HAP and FOX2 are partnering to fight childhood obesity in Michigan by teaching kids and parents how to choose and cook healthy foods. HAP Chef Kristi Zebrowski and Junior Chef Tristin teamed up in the FOX2 kitchen to make Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti. Follow her recipe below.
Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lb spaghetti squash
- 1 Jar of pasta sauce
- Optional: Parmesan cheese for garnish
1. Cut spaghetti squash open lengthwise and remove seeds by scooping out with a spoon.
2. Place squash cut side down in a glass dish with 1" of water.
3. For a quick cooking method, microwave on high for 10 minutes, or until flesh is tender. If
more time is available, place dish covered in foil in an oven preheated to 400 degrees F, and
bake 20-25 minutes or until flesh is tender.
4. Remove squash from dish, allow to cool to handle, and remove strands of flesh with a fork.
The strands will look like spaghetti.
5. Pour warm sauce over the top of the spaghetti squash, top with optional parmesan cheese
Learn more about HAP Ready, Set, Cook!