Hold both hands at shoulder height, palms facing forward. Transfer all your weigh to the right. Reach for the ceiling with your left hand. Lift your right heel from the floor. S
Repeat the movement to the right. Perform two sets of 10-12 repetitions.
Try all 12 Jump Start Daily Dozen videos
Do the Alternating Shoulder Press by itself or check out all 12 MoveWell® Jump Start Daily Dozen videos
presented by HAP.
Each short video features one exercise taught by physical therapist Sherry McLaughlin, who has a master’s degree in physical therapy and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist. She’s also the president and founder of the Michigan Institute of Human Performance.
Be sure to talk to your doctor before starting any exercise program.
What makes these videos so great?
- By training your body to move the right way, you often can get rid of pain.
- Each move takes no more than two minutes.
- You don’t need any equipment.
- Do these moves any place – in your living room or outside.
- A few moves a day can help you get stronger and be pain-free.