Begin by standing with feet about hip width apart, toes forward and knees unlocked. Raise both arms straight in front of you to shoulder height. Shift your weight to your right foot and reach for the ceiling diagonally with your right hand (lifting your left foot slightly).
Repeat the movement on the left side. Perform two sets of 10-12 repetitions (right and left = one rep).
Try all 12 Jump Start videos
Do the Alternating Pullback Stretch by itself or check out all 12 of the MoveWell® Jump Start Daily Dozen videos presented by HAP.
Each short video features one exercise taught by physical therapist Sherry McLaughlin, who has a master’s degree in physical therapy and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist. She’s also the president and founder of the Michigan Institute of Human Performance.
Be sure to talk to your doctor before starting any exercise program.
What makes these videos so great?
- By training your body to move the right way, you often can get rid of pain.
- Each move takes no more than two minutes.
- You don’t need any equipment.
- Do these moves any place – in your living room or outside.
- A few moves a day can help you get stronger and be pain-free.