Stand with your legs apart wider than your shoulders (about 3 feet or so), with your toes facing forward and your arms raised out like a “T.”
- Turn your left foot to the left.
- Exhale while bending sideways to touch your left big toe, and raise your right hand toward the ceiling.
- Make a long, straight line from hand to hand, and look up at the ceiling.
- Take five deep breaths: inhale for three seconds through the nose, exhale three seconds through the nose.
- Return to standing upright.
- Repeat on the right side, remembering to stretch your arms in a long, straight line and to breathe slowly.
Try all 12 Jump Start videos
Do the Triangle Pose by itself or check out all 12 of the MoveWell® Jump Start Daily Dozen videos presented by HAP.
Each short video features one exercise taught by physical therapist Sherry McLaughlin, who has a master’s degree in physical therapy and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist. She’s also the president and founder of the Michigan Institute of Human Performance.
Be sure to talk to your doctor before starting any exercise program.
What makes Jump Start so great?
- By training your body to move the right way, you often can get rid of pain.
- Each move takes no more than two minutes.
- You don’t need any equipment.
- Do these moves any place – in your living room or outside.
- A few moves a day can help you get stronger and be pain-free.