Begin standing straight with feet about shoulder-width apart, abdominals tight and toes forward. Lift your foot and take a high step forward, as if you were stepping over an item (about knee high). Alternate taking right and left high steps for about 15 feet, keeping your abs tight and body tall. Do three sets.
Try all 12 Jump Start Daily Dozen videos
Do the Heel-to-Toe by itself or check out all 12 of the MoveWell® Jump Start Daily Dozen videos presented by HAP.
Each short video features one exercise taught by physical therapist Sherry McLaughlin, who has a master’s degree in physical therapy and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist. She’s also the president and founder of the Michigan Institute of Human Performance.
Be sure to talk to your doctor before starting any exercise program.
What makes Jump Start Daily Dozen so great?
- It’s easy!
- By training your body to move the right way, you often can get rid of pain.
- Each move takes no more than two minutes.
- You don’t need any equipment.
- Do these moves any place – in your living room or outside.
- A few moves a day can help you get stronger and be pain-free.