Start with your back to a wall or something stationary and solid.
- Step forward about 2-3 feet.
- Stand on one leg with your toes forward and knees unlocked.
- Lean forward, then raise and place the opposite leg lightly on the wall behind you. Hold your arms out like airplane wings for balance if needed.
- Breathe slowly and hold this pose for about 45-60 seconds.
- Repeat three times per leg, then switch legs.
Try all 12 Jump Start videos
Do the Wall Airplane by itself or check out all 12 of the MoveWell® Jump Start Daily Dozen
videos presented by HAP.
Each short video features one exercise taught by physical therapist Sherry McLaughlin, who has a master’s degree in physical therapy and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist. She’s also the president and founder of the Michigan Institute of Human Performance.
Be sure to talk to your doctor before starting any exercise program.
What makes Jump Start so great?
- It’s easy!
- By training your body to move the right way, you often can get rid of pain.
- Each move takes no more than two minutes.
- You don’t need any equipment.
- Do these moves any place – in your living room or outside.
- A few moves a day can help you get stronger and be pain-free.